Habitat - Indoor :: out of tank question

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:46 am   out of tank question

Hi,
I'm new and I'm not sure I'm even writing in the correct place. I have a simple question though. I wanted to know if it is safe for my RES if they are taken out of their tanks/water to have "play time" and if it is, how long is safe for them?

OG
OureGaiya
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Feb 22, 2009
Location: United States

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:15 pm   

depends on the temperature really
1 Pearl River Map-Carnage
1 Missisippi Map-Dr.Octopus
1 Western Painted- Cyclops
1 Japanese Pond-Nightcrawler
1 Texas Map Turtle-Flash
1 Savannah Monitor-Timon
1 Albino Red Corn Snake-Mr. Pockets
1 Bearded Dragon- Havoc(6 fbnewts7fbtoads)
User avatar
pickerbp22
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Feb 8, 2009
Location: long island, new york

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:24 pm   

Being out of the tank will put unnecessary stress on your turtle. If the habitat is appropriate (size, temps, etc) there is no need to take the turtle out for 'exercise'. 'Playing' for you is just 'scary' for them.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
User avatar
jenaero
Moderator
 
Posts: 3606
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:29 pm   

perfect sense. i thought u meant like actually play with the turtle like with your kids. haha im dumb
1 Pearl River Map-Carnage
1 Missisippi Map-Dr.Octopus
1 Western Painted- Cyclops
1 Japanese Pond-Nightcrawler
1 Texas Map Turtle-Flash
1 Savannah Monitor-Timon
1 Albino Red Corn Snake-Mr. Pockets
1 Bearded Dragon- Havoc(6 fbnewts7fbtoads)
User avatar
pickerbp22
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Feb 8, 2009
Location: long island, new york

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:39 pm   

I have an odd one... my turtle loves to explore. It's very tough to turtle-proof the warmer area of the house, getting rid of cathair and blocking certain areas. I usually let him roam a bit when I am doing tank stuff. In the summertime I turn the back yard into a downsized theme park for him.

Zucchini loves the subwoofer and my bathroom the most for some reason. He will hang around and crawl on people, and steal the cat bed.
User avatar
EmperorTunaFish
 
Posts: 594
Joined: Sep 6, 2007
Location: Oshawa, ON


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 117 guests