Habitat - Indoor :: Store doesn't sell visi therm stealth...

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:14 am   Store doesn't sell visi therm stealth...

Are visi therm stealth heaters my best option or can I use a different heater? My petstore doesn't carry the stealth but they carry others of the same brand.
~Bently11~
1 RES turtle Bentley
RIP George the RES
1 Bearded Dragon Duke
1 African Clawed frog Whizz
1 Havanese dog Buddy
bently11
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Apr 19, 2008

Post Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:24 am   

you could also get one of those repti therm heaters. I know they're not the greatest, but they work just fine if it's not a young hatchling.
Rosepruner
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Jan 21, 2009

Post Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:01 am   

I believe stealth heaters are just a type of heater. I personally have the Top Fin brand heater from PetSmart and it's working awesome. Before that, I had some other random brand.

The key things you want to look for are: things that say "Unbreakable" on them, or have a guard to them; have a dial with a Hi and Lo setting, nothing that is pre-set to one temp.

If you get a chance, you can always post the various brands on here and someone may recommend one of them.
JAX
- - -
Baby Boy - January 9th, 2011! (3 months old)
1 RES - 7" long - Umi (3.5 years old)
1 black lab/hound mix - Josie (1.5 year old)
2 cats - Mysti and Molly (6.5 years old)
User avatar
TheComputerGremlin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3732
Joined: Jan 12, 2008
Location: Washington, DC

Post Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:22 am   

Thanks guys, I'm going to Petsmart right now!
~Bently11~
1 RES turtle Bentley
RIP George the RES
1 Bearded Dragon Duke
1 African Clawed frog Whizz
1 Havanese dog Buddy
bently11
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Apr 19, 2008


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 77 guests