Habitat - Indoor :: Basking area

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:29 pm   

Yea i got if for like 100 bucks. Its nice and sturdy
User avatar
Coli123
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Jul 16, 2008
Location: Riverside, Caifornia

Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:51 pm   

really!? that's such a great price!!

...i may just have to copy you on this one hahah. but for right now my black metal stand thing will have to do.

..you know, i don't think i've ever posted pictures of my setup before!? i'll have to get right on that lol
1 yellow bellied slider-cosmo! (<2 inches)
1 florida red bellied cooter-stella! (1 inch)
1 yellow lab-sandy!
1 hedgehog-coco!
User avatar
LeslieMW
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Jul 27, 2008
Location: Pompano Beach, Florida.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:53 pm   

Yea its a pretty good deal. Copy cat jk :lol: .Post some pics of your setup lets see what it looks like :)
User avatar
Coli123
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Jul 16, 2008
Location: Riverside, Caifornia

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:52 am   

I really like the ATBA. There's only two things that I would worry about:

1- the carpet can get moldy as it will constantly be exposed to water.
2- the turtle can reach the top of the tank, so I would enclose it completely. Turtles are known for the escape artist talents and losing a turtle is definitely no fun.
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
User avatar
untsmurf
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
Location: Carrollton, TX
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:04 pm   

I just got my xp3 in the mail today! I got it on ebay for 102.50 (winning bid) and it was 20 for shipping. So 122.50 total. I paid yesterday and got it today- awesome seller. They were 189.00 at my Petsmart, so I saved $60!
kgielda
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Oct 16, 2007
Location: South Jersey

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:28 am   

sorry for the thread bump...but how do you guys keep the eggcrate together like that?

Aquarium silicon?
nightwalker
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sep 25, 2005

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:33 am   

zipper lock will do. can get at any hardware shop.
*Kiki & Riri ~ 2 Female RES 5' - I lost Riri
* 2 Yellow Bellied Slider - One left
* 1 Chinese Golden Thread Turtle - Lost
*Yellow ~ Female Malayan Box Turtle
*Macho Kitty ~ 12 years male DSH Cat - RIP Feb 2012
User avatar
Azfar
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Apr 23, 2008
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:38 am   

i'm actually trying to make the ramp somewhat like that

unless you meant zipper lock like those found in ziplock bags?

I actually don't know what zipper lock is...haha :P
nightwalker
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sep 25, 2005

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:08 am   

I think they meant those plastic wire ties, commonly called "Zip-Ties"
scottpkura
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Apr 16, 2009

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:18 am   

oh thanks

got some at home already!
nightwalker
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sep 25, 2005

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:00 pm   

Heh.. thanks Scottpkura for correct me~! I forgot the words.. hehe but it the same thing as Zip Ties.. :D
*Kiki & Riri ~ 2 Female RES 5' - I lost Riri
* 2 Yellow Bellied Slider - One left
* 1 Chinese Golden Thread Turtle - Lost
*Yellow ~ Female Malayan Box Turtle
*Macho Kitty ~ 12 years male DSH Cat - RIP Feb 2012
User avatar
Azfar
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Apr 23, 2008
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:48 am   

doesn't work guys...the ends of the eggcrates will tip over with the zip ties...how do you guys make it stay angled?
nightwalker
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sep 25, 2005

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:48 am   

Eh.. how come, it should be steady and firm tight.. how about you check others members photos of basking area sticky and see how they fixed the eggcrate.
*Kiki & Riri ~ 2 Female RES 5' - I lost Riri
* 2 Yellow Bellied Slider - One left
* 1 Chinese Golden Thread Turtle - Lost
*Yellow ~ Female Malayan Box Turtle
*Macho Kitty ~ 12 years male DSH Cat - RIP Feb 2012
User avatar
Azfar
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Apr 23, 2008
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:32 pm   

I hold mine up on the side with vinyl tubing attached to part of the basking area:
Image
Image
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
User avatar
BullDog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3889
Joined: Jun 21, 2006
Location: BC, Canada

Previous

Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 69 guests