Habitat - Indoor :: Larger Zoo-Med Logs?

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:56 pm   Larger Zoo-Med Logs?

So, my turtle adores her Zoo-Med floating log. It takes up a bit of space in the tank but she loves to swim in it and through the various holes. And poke her head out of the hole on top to spy on me. At night she clings to the side to sleep. I also like that it's "natural" looking. But obviously she'll outgrow it eventually. It's the largest size Zoo-Med makes. Does anyone know of a similar product of a larger proportion that I could get for her when she is older?
zuse
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Apr 23, 2006
Location: Stillwater, OK

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:05 pm   

when she outgrows the zoomed dock i would recommend a ATBA,...
2 red ear sliders, 2 green iguanas, 1 Chinese Water Dragon

I love Basketball And Reptiles
User avatar
freshprince2146
 
Posts: 794
Joined: Sep 28, 2009
Location: Queens,NY

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:26 pm   

I'm not referring to the dock? She has a dock. This is the floating log. It sinks a bit so it's not really for basking. Obviously she uses her basking area to bask, but she really likes her log as well. (This is more in the category of "extra" decorations.)

Image
zuse
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Apr 23, 2006
Location: Stillwater, OK

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:43 pm   

well how big is your turtle?? drsfostersmith.com/ has a large variety of basking docks/logs available
2 red ear sliders, 2 green iguanas, 1 Chinese Water Dragon

I love Basketball And Reptiles
User avatar
freshprince2146
 
Posts: 794
Joined: Sep 28, 2009
Location: Queens,NY

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:17 pm   

Fresh, I can't help but think you didn't bother to read the original post at all. Zuse stated that he currently has the largest one offered and is just looking to see if anyone knows of another brand that has a larger scale of this.

As for an answer, I cant really help you. I looked into these myself but just don't feel like I have room for one in my tank, although I know that Donnie would love the thing.
User avatar
xstefanx
 
Posts: 111
Joined: May 4, 2009

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:42 pm   

Thanks xstefanx. :) Yeah, it's kind of a random thing to ask about but it's so cool! It's weighted on one side so she can crawl all over it and it never flips over.

It kind of bugs me that pets stores and reptile companies invent so much cute and sometimes useless stuff for the itty bitty little turtles niche. It's like they are feeding the problem of RES being invasive exotics all over the planet. And perpetuating the myth that they will stay small. Grr. I can't believe how much money they make off of expensive but impractical specialized "tanks" for sliders. And those dinky in-tank filters. Oh, well.

But the log really is neat. I noticed that they stopped carrying the tiny size a LONG time ago. But an even larger one would be awesome!
zuse
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Apr 23, 2006
Location: Stillwater, OK

Post Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:56 pm   

I think I would write the company about it. I don't think they have one now, but if a few of us with big turtles write to them, perhaps they will make one!
2 RES-Sparky M 6.0 and Spike F 9.0
1 Beardie- F Nubbin
1 Pictus Gecko- F Necko
6 Fire Bellied Toads-3 M 3 F
User avatar
scripta_elegans
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1938
Joined: Jul 30, 2006
Location: Iowa

Post Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:54 pm   

hi I got quite a few larger items for my harvey of this site you might find what your looking for here www.petzoo.co.uk
MUMMY TO
JACK 1YR BLACK LAB
HARVEY AROUND 3YRS YELLOW SLIDER
weepixieni
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Nov 10, 2009
Location: Belfast

Post Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:41 pm   

Hmm. I didn't see any.

The one I have has lasted a long time. It's actually the large size of the "Floating Aquarium Log." But Zoo Med made a different package and sell just the larger one as the "Turtle Log."
zuse
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Apr 23, 2006
Location: Stillwater, OK

Post Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:21 pm   

if u email them they can order u larger stuff i did try looking elsewhere online but havent found anything so far.
MUMMY TO
JACK 1YR BLACK LAB
HARVEY AROUND 3YRS YELLOW SLIDER
weepixieni
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Nov 10, 2009
Location: Belfast


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 114 guests

cron