Habitat - Indoor :: Grass mats in aquarium

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:16 pm   Grass mats in aquarium

Just wondering if anybody has these or if they are good for the aquarium. Thinking of getting two to cover the bottom of the tank. Any feedback is greatly appreciated :D

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... ingsDetail
Emily
Myrtle
&
Dusty
User avatar
myrtle1123
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Mar 20, 2007
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:54 am   

Might be fun to have! Most folks have them in fish breeding tanks so baby fishies/fry can escape hungry mouths.

The only problem I can forsee is your turtle might lose his/her food in it whilst eating....and depending on the size of your turtle, he/she could one day end up biting the tips off the plastic foilage!
User avatar
gwennie
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Aug 23, 2009
Location: Aotearoa

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:55 pm   

I think there's a great risk that the turtle eat the plastic "grass". A couple of years ago I had plastic plants with the turtles - but I had to take it out because they ate it.
Saga
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Dec 6, 2009
Location: Sweden

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:11 pm   

Myrt-3 - Turtles will eat almost anything. I had mine to eat a carpet and did not realize it until it started coming out of his rear. I had to help him remove it and I removed the carpet out of the tank. It was many years ago and learned my lesson.
mikee
 
Posts: 1396
Joined: Nov 4, 2007

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:17 pm   

Looks like it would be tough to clean when it gets dirty.
MrRedmanbhs
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Dec 19, 2006


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 107 guests