Habitat - Indoor :: Stealth Heater problem (resolved), now sealant question!

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:59 am   

hmm, I've never seen them biting at the silicone before

and Im saying its everywhere, every bit of silicone around the tank where there's contact with water...!!

Guess I'll have to replace...

Thanks steve and MoreBloodWine
jyu67
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sep 7, 2008

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:02 am   

Maybe they resealed with something that was not meant to be submerged, and it is now falling apart. You should reseal it - a $15 tube of silicone is better than a new 40 gallon tank.
Bev

135 gallons of water, 65 gallons of basking area
User avatar
Squishy
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
Location: Orillia, Ontario

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:25 pm   

Thanks all, I'll be underway on this resealing process !!
jyu67
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sep 7, 2008

Previous

Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 128 guests