Habitat - Indoor :: DIY: Hard plumbed fluval 404 outflow-Finished pics!

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:28 am   

Ya thats what I was trying to figure out. Could always put a small tapered end or reducer on it to have some pressure build up.
I build acrylic ATBAs.
Rubicon
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 7, 2008
Location: Fort Bragg, NC.
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:30 am   

Chris, did you drill that hole for the pipe? also abs (black plastic pipe) is cheaper than pvc. scuffed up a little bit it would look great in a tank. thank you.
cb
CB
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Jun 5, 2008

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:29 pm   

Ya thats what I was trying to figure out. Could always put a small tapered end or reducer on it to have some pressure build up.

I'd be interested to see if this creates enough pressure for the spraybar to work effectively. Keep us updated.

CB wrote:Chris, did you drill that hole for the pipe? also abs (black plastic pipe) is cheaper than pvc. scuffed up a little bit it would look great in a tank. thank you.
cb


I'm a little unsure of what you mean, which hole are you referring to? And that's true, I was unable to find 1/2" abs locally so I just went with painted pvc.
http://chrisredearslider.blogspot.com/
1.0 Red Ear Slider-Squirt
37g-Dwarf Gourami/Peaceful Comm. tank
1.0 Axolotl-Axle
0.1 Dog-Leia
User avatar
Chrisbarnett
 
Posts: 2399
Joined: Dec 26, 2007
Location: Cali

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:54 pm   

Chris, did you hard plumb just the input or did you do the output as well?
1 RES - Squirt
1 Dog - Libby
4 Cats - Inky, Smokey, Smudge, Annabelle
1 Spoiled Rotten Brat - Bobby
User avatar
Bobbysmom
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Jan 18, 2009
Location: Michigan

Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:08 pm   

I hard plumbed the output. I might plumb the input sometime.
http://chrisredearslider.blogspot.com/
1.0 Red Ear Slider-Squirt
37g-Dwarf Gourami/Peaceful Comm. tank
1.0 Axolotl-Axle
0.1 Dog-Leia
User avatar
Chrisbarnett
 
Posts: 2399
Joined: Dec 26, 2007
Location: Cali

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:15 pm   

Chrisbarnett wrote:They use Krylon fusion.

I figured since its made by rustoleum still it would be safe. And so far no feeder fish are dying in my tank lol. So I'm thinking yes it's safe.


See, you're smart, you use the feeder fish technique XD

When my dad would get a new tank for his sharks, lol, he'd put in some feeder guppies to check and make sure the pH was fine before he put in the sharks. The best part is the feeders become food for the sharks later on.
Phryne - Japanese bobtail, 11 y.o.
Hurricane - RES, approx. 19 y.o., 7.00in. long
Typhoon - RES hybrid, approx. 19 y.o., 8 in. long
Sadie - RES, approx. 30+ y.o., 11.5in. long
Sophie - Colombian red tail boa, 15 y.o., 5 ft. long
User avatar
theartbook35
 
Posts: 2425
Joined: Mar 25, 2009
Location: Connecticut, US
Gender: Female

Previous

Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 116 guests