I currently have the Zoomed 501 canister filter for my 30gallon tank (36" L x 12.5"D x 18" H). I've only had it for 2 months and my turtle Lenny is only 2 inches

but so far here are my observations:
Noise
Silent. Like any filters, the initial startup will be loud and burpy, but once all the air bubbles are removed from within the filter, it's as silent as can be. The filter comes with a spray bar, which acts as your ouput tube, however I used a glue gun and just plugged up the holes in the spray bar so as to prevent any water from trickling out. Having done so, I then positioned my tube on a downward 45deg angle - I don't even hear the filtered water hit the tank water surface...it's that quiet.
The only noise from this filter is the initial startup and a very low hum from inside the filter itself.
Strength
As previously mentioned, I've only had the filter for 2 months and Lenny is still only 2inches, but it is currently very good for my use. However I do use a fishnet to just get rid of the excess food and poop and other particulates 3 times a week, so that seems to be helping a lot. My tank is also 50% filled with water at all times (roughly 8inches), which I read from papoopeepoo, is a contributing factor to better water quality.
It does
appear to be weak, but my tank is still splendidly clean.
Clogging
I have not had any clogging issues thus far.
Filter Set-up
I admit, the instructions could be a little more detailed and precise, however It was still manageable. As for the opening and closing of the filter, owners really have to "push in the button" completely to open the filter. If it says to push- PUSH. Lol initially it was difficult just because I didn't realize that I really had to push in the button. But after that, things are a breeze.
Final Comments
Would I recommend? Yes if you have at least a half-filled tank of water. Nonetheless, I'll redo this review at a later date once Lenny gets bigger and once I've had the filter for a longer period of time. For now, I am content with this filter
