Habitat - Indoor :: lamp failure

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:30 pm   lamp failure

So naturally I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow, have lined up a friend to come feed my turtle while I'm gone and...his UV light dies.

This is the end of a long fiasco that began with the clamp lamp shorting so that the timer couldn't turn it on (we could still turn it on manually) and today we finally went out and bought a new lamp so we could use the timer and my friend (who is only coming every other day) wouldn't have to worry about the lamp. But then tonight when I was testing the whole set up, the bulb died.

The UV bulb was only 2 months old. It's a ReptiSun UVA/UVB 5.0 CFL. 26w. The lamp I bought is a Fluker's clamp-lamp rated up to 150w "for ceramic or incandescent bulbs."

Is it a coincidence that my light bulb died tonight after I installed the new lamp? Or does the 150w rating somehow make it too strong for the 26w light bulb? Anybody have a guess?

Please help quickly! I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow morning and don't want to leave Oliver with a faulty set up!
User avatar
laurapa
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Dec 7, 2007

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:37 pm   

OK...the bulb seems to be working now. It doesn't make any sense. If I solve the mystery I'll let you know.
User avatar
laurapa
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Dec 7, 2007


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 87 guests