Habitat - Indoor :: Help/Fluva 4 plus

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:36 am   Help/Fluva 4 plus

Hi everyone gotta a? about the filter I recieved it with no instructions...Pretty easy to fig out BUT I have it laying down in tank and the water is very strongly shooting out but I keep watching the intake part and it isnt sucking anything in Whats up? what do I do? Is it better standing up or what? I got it with the tank 75 wide I only have it filled a little over 1/4th Babies not used to deep H20 I know I need a canister but leaving town for 3 days and upset this is not working right, Can anyone help?
MaryR
Metro Detroit
2 Turts, Tuck&LingLing
Baby Red ears
maryR
 
Posts: 45
Joined: May 19, 2008

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:07 am   

You should be able to look up the filter company online and get directions there. For that big of a tank, you need more water as they have specific needs for canister filters, I have two tanks, one with a fluval and one with a rena..(price decision for different brands). The canister needs to be sitting up probably...hoses cannot have kinks and must be pretty straight-lined to the canister. They will not suck up everything in the tank.
If your turtles are very young then add some things so they can rest on them like plants and such. I have plants, underwater rocks/logs but my turtles are bigger, it is more decore and surronding of a home than just a plan ol' empty tank full of water.
packfan1
 
Posts: 178
Joined: May 6, 2008

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:08 am   

I don't have experience with the filter, but here is the online manual:
http://www.hagen.com/pdf/aquatic/fluvalplus.pdf
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
User avatar
BullDog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3889
Joined: Jun 21, 2006
Location: BC, Canada

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:22 am   

As long as water's coming out you're fine. I have one for the kiddie pool i set up for turtley sometimes, and i've noticed that it never really seems to suck things up like a good canister filter. I think it's because it draws the water in over a larger area of the filter. The fluval + series isn't really that hot, they do a good job of circulating the water but they won't keep your tank as clean as a canister would.
Adrienne!
2.0 RES: Turtley and Samson
1.0 Lutino Cockatiel: Lilly
assorted fish, hermit crabs, bugs etc.
User avatar
octpusgirl8
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1836
Joined: Feb 21, 2007
Location: Baltimore MD

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:39 am   

Ok thanks, But it really seems like nothing is going in even a small little partical just floated all around but never went in...Somethings not right with it and I have looked online everywhere B4 asking here.
MaryR
Metro Detroit
2 Turts, Tuck&LingLing
Baby Red ears
maryR
 
Posts: 45
Joined: May 19, 2008


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 139 guests