...is very expensive!
at least it is at home depot...
need a piece thats about 9" X 48" for the above tank basking area i will be making in the near future. any way to get it cheaper? should i go with glass instead?








Fuzzy Hamster wrote:You might want to look at thicker than 1/8" though, especially at a length of 48", it will bend quite a bit unless you are planning to support it with something else.



Krzyspam wrote:I just got a small piece of plexi for my basking area ramp (about 8" by 16") at Lowe's. I was lucky that they had a spare piece that was the right size...it was a scrap from someone else's project. The guy who worked there charged me 50 cents. He said if I got the same size cut to order, it would have been upwards of $40. Go to Lowe's and ask about scraps...some were big. You can always do a few pieces and glue together. Also, if they don't have what you are looking for, try again in a week. They'll have a whole new supply of scraps.

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 65 guests