Habitat - Indoor :: Squirts tank--again. Changed some stuff--again!

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:49 am   Squirts tank--again. Changed some stuff--again!

:lol: I can't stop messing around with his tank lately, and tonight was a rainy night with nothing to do...so what do I do? improve the turtle setup of course!

Alright, so first off, I changed the lighting around. I put my flourescent strip light on the front of the tank, as it looked a bit ghetto on one side before, kinda hides the clamp lamps nicely, too. I cut a hole in the right side now and routed the cord off to the right, unseen. I also added a silk plant, the bright green one to the left of the center plant. It's amazing how much more realistic the silk plant is! it moves a heck of a lot more in the water than the others. I also took out the pieces of slate rock, didn't like em.
Image
Next up, I changed around my tank stand a bit. I changed the spot where my surge protector is, it used to be in the center up high, but now I have it hidden up in the right corner. I went cord crazy and hid/organized them all. So now when I open my tank stand I see this:
Image
Left Side:
Image
Right Side:
Image
The silver box is the subwoofer to my speaker system, squirt doesn't seem to mind all the vibrations. and to the right of that, just a trash can. works good because the dogs cant get at it. :?
Heres the cord organization:
Image
Image
Eggcrate comes in handy again, I cut it to size and wedged it in there to make a shelf for the light timer.
And of course, the ultimate cord hiding solution..
Image
closing the doors. :lol:

Gotta love lazy rainy saturdays.
http://chrisredearslider.blogspot.com/
1.0 Red Ear Slider-Squirt
37g-Dwarf Gourami/Peaceful Comm. tank
1.0 Axolotl-Axle
0.1 Dog-Leia
User avatar
Chrisbarnett
 
Posts: 2399
Joined: Dec 26, 2007
Location: Cali

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:56 am   

Woah! I haven't touched under my tank since I set them up :lol:
Looks great! :D
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
User avatar
BullDog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3889
Joined: Jun 21, 2006
Location: BC, Canada

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:05 am   

looks great !! wish I was that organised
neil20055
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Aug 30, 2008

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:02 pm   

hahahaha you wanna see whats under my tank!!!!! or probably not. i have heaps of junk under there and a lot of it has nothing to do with the tank or the turtle. ill post a pic a little later.
Owner of :
2 Yellow Belly Sliders - Tumble & Lydia
2 Red Ear Sliders - Bob & Scoot
1 Daughter
3 Sons
blulite
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Sep 11, 2008
Location: Hartlepool, England
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:14 pm   

LOL, what's with that Apple/Dell abomination? Oh, and the tank looks great. I might try sand one of these days :)
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:22 pm   

steve wrote:LOL, what's with that Apple/Dell abomination? Oh, and the tank looks great. I might try sand one of these days :)


hahaha I was bored so I drew an apple logo on it then I realized apple probably wouldnt be too happy that there name is disgraced on a dell product or vice versa. :lol:

and thanks!
http://chrisredearslider.blogspot.com/
1.0 Red Ear Slider-Squirt
37g-Dwarf Gourami/Peaceful Comm. tank
1.0 Axolotl-Axle
0.1 Dog-Leia
User avatar
Chrisbarnett
 
Posts: 2399
Joined: Dec 26, 2007
Location: Cali

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:24 pm   

I wish I had your patience. My hats off to you.
Proud owner of Gnarles and Little Foot.
User avatar
pajamatree
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Oct 2, 2008
Location: South Carolina

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:25 pm   

ok heres the pics of my under tank cupboard. embarassing i know but. hey tuff luck lol.

Image

Image

Image

can any body beat that then lol i will eventually tidy it up but seeing as i am still waiting to set up the tank then it can stay that way untill my new filter and heaters are delivered.
Owner of :
2 Yellow Belly Sliders - Tumble & Lydia
2 Red Ear Sliders - Bob & Scoot
1 Daughter
3 Sons
blulite
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Sep 11, 2008
Location: Hartlepool, England
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:41 pm   

That looks great Chris, I really like the new plant. It's very bright. I think we should hire you out as a tank designer/tank stand organizer. And it looks like Blulite should be the first customer :lol:
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
User avatar
untsmurf
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
Location: Carrollton, TX
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:47 pm   

i think your right :):) theres even a vcr in there some where. and im sure there is a bottom hhhmmm not sure i aint seen it for a while.
Owner of :
2 Yellow Belly Sliders - Tumble & Lydia
2 Red Ear Sliders - Bob & Scoot
1 Daughter
3 Sons
blulite
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Sep 11, 2008
Location: Hartlepool, England
Gender: Male


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 116 guests