Habitat - Indoor :: Basking Light Fixture broke.

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:29 am   Basking Light Fixture broke.

And I have to go to school and won't be back until 5pm. My turt will be fine till then right. I have the water temp at 79 Degrees.
1 F RES 9" (Kingler)
1 F Belize Slider 7" (Agamemnon)
My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/condorboy1/videos
User avatar
Linus
 
Posts: 1260
Joined: Jul 31, 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:33 am   

Yes, its fine. Your turtle's health wont decline from one day of not basking.

X2 AKITA
X2 R.E. SLIDER


Respect
ALL beings.
User avatar
Arisu
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Jul 31, 2008
Location: Northern California, USA

Post Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:52 pm   

OK so I got a new Fixture, and then the light itself broke so I'm using a regular 75 W bulb which seems to be fine. Tomorrow I have to get a new bulb and some more feeders.
1 F RES 9" (Kingler)
1 F Belize Slider 7" (Agamemnon)
My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/condorboy1/videos
User avatar
Linus
 
Posts: 1260
Joined: Jul 31, 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:39 pm   

Regular house bulbs work just fine for providing heat. So if you're just replacing a heat bulb, you don't need to spend the money.
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
User avatar
untsmurf
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
Location: Carrollton, TX
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:14 am   

Oh, ok, great then! Thanks!
1 F RES 9" (Kingler)
1 F Belize Slider 7" (Agamemnon)
My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/condorboy1/videos
User avatar
Linus
 
Posts: 1260
Joined: Jul 31, 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: Male


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 91 guests