Habitat - Indoor :: Rena XP4

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:16 pm   Rena XP4

Ok so my DIY filter project came to a crash. My setup and idea was perfect BUT I had one problem with the water rusing back into the so called water tight tupaware.

What would happen is i had the pump at the end. So it actualy created suction on the lids keeping them even tighter BUT the second i turned the pump off the circulation of the water would reverse and the puressure would reverse causing the tupaware to fill up with water causing it to leak out...

Luckly it was only 40 bucks for all of that BUT it was not all in vein! the pump and the 20 foot hose is perfect from when i have to fill up my tank! just put the pump in the sink and have the other end in the tank and just watch it fill up! ^.^

Ok SO now i was running the zoomed 501 in my 30 gal. Well since i had an undergravel filter everything seems clean. but that filter would get clogged every week. So i went to this local mom and pop fish store, the owners are awsome. Well i got a deal on a Rena XP4. What would have been a $229 i got for $175! I was like DAMN i'm taking that deal up! I'm never gonna have to buy a nother filter again unless this one takes a dump on me. But it does 450GPH and the great thing is it has a flow control valve so my lil guy isnt being tossed around in the tank bc of the current. its set just right ^.^ I love it. It was sooo easy to set up and prime. Rena definatly has my vote!
1 RES - Spikey
drtweak
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Jul 16, 2008
Location: Irvine CA
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:45 am   

Great deal! That'll be a good filter for life :)
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
User avatar
BullDog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3889
Joined: Jun 21, 2006
Location: BC, Canada

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:32 pm   

Nice! I would like to get an XP but dang they're expensive and I'm poor lol
0.0.1 2.25" RES Koopa
2.0.0 Dogs (German Shepherd and Chocolate Lab)
2.0.0 White Cats (Luno and Soody(Fatty))
ilikeadabox
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Oct 14, 2008

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:51 pm   

it sounds really good. I like when my turtle swims against the current of the filter it looks like a swimming machine for my turtle.
I have two female red ear sliders.
Chimpy - 5.5 inches
Chompy- 6.0 inches
Both were born about 7/2007
Got them -- 9/2007
User avatar
bradmeisel
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Nov 2, 2008
Location: Flushing, New York


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 125 guests