Habitat - Indoor :: new tank syndrome

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:15 am   new tank syndrome

I recently upgraded to a new tank, used my old filter and media but a new water.

Not sure if i'm getting the "new tank syndrome" but i'm getting very murky water (which never happened in the old tank).

Should I just wait for it to self regulate ammonia levels and let it go naturally? Or should I be using chemicals?
jyu67
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sep 7, 2008

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:20 am   

You should be fine just letting it take it's course. Do some partial water changes to keep the ammonia levels down a bit. Before you start using chemicals, I would suggest buy a test kit to get a clearer picture of what's going on.
Adrienne!
2.0 RES: Turtley and Samson
1.0 Lutino Cockatiel: Lilly
assorted fish, hermit crabs, bugs etc.
User avatar
octpusgirl8
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1836
Joined: Feb 21, 2007
Location: Baltimore MD

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:18 pm   

If you are getting an ammonia spike you can use Seachem's Prime which is a water conditioner that also de-toxifies ammonia.
User avatar
thegrandpoohbah
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Oct 14, 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 115 guests