Habitat - Indoor :: Inexpensive In-tank filter for a 10-20 gal. tank?

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:24 pm   Inexpensive In-tank filter for a 10-20 gal. tank?

My turtles tank is really messy and I don't know much about filters. I'm assuming I need an in-tank one because the water is shallow in my tank. Are there any good ones out there that aren't so expensive?
MissMandy
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Location: Connecticut

Post Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:29 pm   

You should fill up your tank with water as high as you can, without your turtle escaping. (They can climb really well)

Wal-mart makes a cheap filter... $10. I think its around 100 GPH, and has separate filter and biomedia. That way, when you change your filter, you dont have to completely recycle your tank.
Cap-hits, not Cafits.
User avatar
Caphits
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Jan 16, 2009
Location: Wyoming

Post Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:51 pm   

raise ur water level but dont let it be so high that ur turtle can get out. And when you raised your water level get a aqua clear filter they are preety cheap to and remember that the gph has to 5x as much as how much water you have
ohitsmason
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Jul 2, 2008
Location: miami,fl

Post Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:58 pm   

Image This is a picture of the type of basking platform I purchased. I wish I had gotten another, this one sits on the bottom of tank so I have to keep the water low. I'm not sure what to do about the water level. Any ideas?
MissMandy
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Location: Connecticut

Post Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:24 pm   

bricks underneath?
Cap-hits, not Cafits.
User avatar
Caphits
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Jan 16, 2009
Location: Wyoming

Post Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:30 pm   

Oh, That one that walmart has is a HOT filter. Although i do know that they have in tank... I have never seen them though.
Cap-hits, not Cafits.
User avatar
Caphits
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Jan 16, 2009
Location: Wyoming


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 55 guests