Habitat - Indoor :: good filter?

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:32 am   good filter?

what would be a good filter for a 100 gallon tank?
User avatar
pickerbp22
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Feb 8, 2009
Location: long island, new york

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:20 am   

well the most popular filter choices amongst turtle owners are either the

Rena Filstar XP3
of the FLuval FX5

some people use two of the filstar xp3s for larger tanks

both are beasts in terms of how good they are and how large they physically are

do some research on them on the forum, tons of people have either
unfortunately I don't haha
-Gabe:D

1.0.1 RES - Raphael & Speedy Claxter

Egg Crate: (n.) turtle owner's best friend, (2) also known as light diffuser, (3) found in local hardware stores in the lighting section
User avatar
Raphulk
 
Posts: 853
Joined: Dec 30, 2007
Location: sunny california

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:26 am   

I've got two Fluval FX5s in my 75 and 90 gallon tanks. I really like them, and I'd say they are worth the extra $$.
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
User avatar
BullDog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3889
Joined: Jun 21, 2006
Location: BC, Canada

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:05 pm   

I have two xp3's in my 125 gallon. It works great, just make sure and set it up right so you get the right flow.
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
User avatar
untsmurf
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
Location: Carrollton, TX
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:26 pm   

Super pleased with my 404.
I build acrylic ATBAs.
Rubicon
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 7, 2008
Location: Fort Bragg, NC.
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:37 pm   

DIY!
2 1/2 inch RES Mikey
55 gallon tank
Homebuilt sump filter at around 300 gph
3 African Chiclids in a separate tank.
User avatar
grem89
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Aug 28, 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 67 guests