Habitat - Indoor :: need clamp lamp help

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:44 pm   need clamp lamp help

so im getting a 5.0 26w uvb...and a normal light bulb for my turtle...and i was wondering which on of these two clamp lamps would work best? i've asked the seller but have not received a response. im new to this..so a normal light bulb would provide heat for my turtle? thanks.

Deluxe Porcelain Clamp Lamp:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26ps%3D41


ZOO MED DEEP DOME CLAMP LAMP:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26ps%3D41
User avatar
insane
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Dec 12, 2008

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:06 pm   

the deluxe clamp lamp is the exact one that I'm using right now. You need one clamp lamp for a uva (aka heat) bulb and a clamp lamp for UVB. Now I have a reptisun 5.0, and I think a lot of people here use that too. Which is extends past the end of the lamp so you'll need to have that one clamped for sure, but the heat lamp can be put directly on a wire lid because they're coated with a heat resistant coating. Sorry if the spelling is bad, I have a migraine.
Rosepruner
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Jan 21, 2009

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:24 pm   

You could get either one of those and they would work just fine. You could also get a clamp dome lamp from Home depot for $11. they're the same size and work exactly the same as the other ones. The workers know them as work lamps, so that's what you need to ask for if you can't find them on your own.

A regular house bulb will work just fine as a basking bulb. You might have to take a few days to figure out what wattage you need to get your temps right, but that's it.
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
User avatar
untsmurf
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
Location: Carrollton, TX
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:49 pm   

I have Flukers porcelain based lamps.. I feel that they are safer. I mainly bought them because they go with the rest of my stuff on my tank and my room.
http://chrisredearslider.blogspot.com/
1.0 Red Ear Slider-Squirt
37g-Dwarf Gourami/Peaceful Comm. tank
1.0 Axolotl-Axle
0.1 Dog-Leia
User avatar
Chrisbarnett
 
Posts: 2399
Joined: Dec 26, 2007
Location: Cali


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 77 guests