Habitat - Indoor :: Information on XP3 Filter

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:01 pm   Information on XP3 Filter

I know I've been asking about filters, but I need to know some information quickly.

Is $115 a good price for a new XP3? I wanted an XP4 but I have a 40 gallon tank and the next tank will be 75 or 90 gallons, so for now and at least for some time on the next tank, I think an XP3 will be sufficient.

Next, how long is the spray bar that you put on the tank? My turtle topper takes up about 17" of the 37" long tank. Will I have enough room? Also, the tank is 13" deep with a 2" layer of sand, is this deep enough? Any specs on the size would be helpful.

Thank you.
User avatar
adam85491
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Dec 28, 2006

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:35 pm   

From when I last looked, 115 isn't terrible. The spray bar is attached via suction cups to the glass on the inside. so as long as you have the half inch of space that the plastic tubing needs to get into you're tank then the spray bar wont be a problem. More specifically the one that came with my xp4 is no longer then 10 inches. I chose to use the jest nozzle instead and have it under the waters surface. If you don't have the water coming out under the surface it gets loud. That could also just be that the xp4 does pump a bit more. Anyhow thats all the information I have for ya, hope it helps
User avatar
xstefanx
 
Posts: 111
Joined: May 4, 2009

Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:38 pm   

their usually 1275. it is a good price!


its best not to put the spray bar into the input or all the water wont cycle. make sure the intake isnt too close to the bottom. if you have any questions ill try to help. i have a XP3 but not much experience with it. good luck
pets: 1 res

male: bought around a cold day in march 2008. stubborn yet also helpful
(RIP) Churro: ill miss you... (5 yrs. old)

"be strong, be brave, and livestrong"-my dad
User avatar
blackforces get you
 
Posts: 2657
Joined: May 28, 2008
Location: Bronx New York City


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 140 guests