Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:45 pm
Do you have gravel as substrate? I noticed that in one tank that had about 2" of gravel, there was always an algae and gunk problem. I took it all out and now have a bare-bottom set up in the 40g, and I'm hoping that will keep it cleaner.
Also, water plants that are decomposing should be removed, as well as uneaten food. A while after dropping the pellets in, I'll take out the soggy uneaten ones and remaining pieces. One last thing to consider is your filter, is it of the correct size for the tank?
Just food for thought, good luck!
-spike
Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there. Eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Oh, but one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back. -Heraclitus of Ephesus