Ok so I have read rather in depth and spoke with my local vet (which is a herbvet and avid RES fan) about my babies home prior to investing. I put everything together and its running but im not sure if its a good mix after reading the forums.
Right now 40g tank filled 3/4 full with different depths set by large stone gravel( bigger than both turts head for now vet recommended it) zoo med basking dock and cleaned rock for added resting spots and basking. Both turts measure 1.2 inch.
Running Zoomed 501 And rena internal carbon/mech- filter/water circulator(vet said having turbulant water is benefical for RES their river turtles they are used to being in flowing wate?r) i have an over tank hood with uva/uvb combo lamp and basking lamp on rock/ dock which also has uvb. 1 preset 78 degree heater and 1 adjust heat to make adjustments if needs to be warmer(infections things like that)feeding repimini turt floating feed and fresh veggies( apple skins and dark leaf veggies) and 2x week mini cooked shrimps for protien. I also have live plants scattered in tank for hiding places. I think my biggest concern is fluid volume vs the 2 filter exchange and the large river gravel.
The plan is for this to be home till big enough to move into pond in backyard. Dont want the lil guys to move out there yet.
let me know thanks

