Habitat - Indoor :: Oh Crud I just thought of something

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:01 pm   Oh Crud I just thought of something

im getting an xp3 filter and i just thought how am i going to put the screen lid on with 2 big tubes going thru the tank?


and also do most screen lids have a opening in the middle for feeding? i know the one i have now for my small tank has one, do most have them?
Thirzty Turtle
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Nov 20, 2006

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:16 pm   

How big is the screen your using first off? It should have holes over 1/2 inch...

Also i assume you could cut a hole in it for the tubes if you so desired.
"Go all out or dont go out at all" - Muirner


R.I.P Mary Kate 12-12-06
R.I.P. Ashley 12-17-06
Muirner
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Nov 8, 2006

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:28 pm   

I know what you mean about the little door on top of the small screens. I never could find one like that for a big tank, though. But like Muirner said, the screen needs to have holes that are a whole lot bigger than the typical screen in order to let the good UVB rays in.
SpotsMama
User avatar
SpotsMama
Retired Mod
 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Jun 7, 2006
Location: Mesquite Texas

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:40 pm   

i dont have the screen yet so i can look for holes big enough
Thirzty Turtle
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Nov 20, 2006

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:48 am   

look for hardware cloth, i guess that's the best idea. It has the biggest holes, thus the best UVB penetration. And as we know this is crucial...
"Go all out or dont go out at all" - Muirner


R.I.P Mary Kate 12-12-06
R.I.P. Ashley 12-17-06
Muirner
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Nov 8, 2006

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:13 pm   

chicken wire.....
turtledudee
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Aug 4, 2006
Location: Houston Texas, Home of Rap...

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:10 pm   

With the XP-3 you could sort of wedge the screen over the edge of the tank. I run fluvals, and it's impossible to use the standard screen covers with their hoses....
User avatar
grey goose
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1941
Joined: Jul 12, 2006


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 107 guests