Habitat - Indoor :: over tank basking area...

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:27 pm   over tank basking area...

I need some ideas on how to make an over the tank basking area. We are planning on upgrading to a 80 gal tank and I would like an above tank area to utilize all the space in the tank for water.
Anyone have any pictures??
I've seen the ones that are wood on the back and side walls then plexiglass on the front and inside 1/2 plexigalss and a ramp and some type of substrate to cover the glass where they would be basking. I think that looks nice but I would like to be able to easily get into the tank without taking the whole basking top off. It has to be pretty closed up however b/c Sally is an escape artist.
berkleykc
 
Posts: 24
Joined: May 3, 2007

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:41 am   

How big is your tank?

This is what I made for my 55gallon:
Image

Image

This is what I made for my 135gallon:
Image
Tom & Ashley
(RES) Crush, Squirt
(3T Box) Manny & Isabella
(Dog) Ember
User avatar
RunninWideOpen
 
Posts: 807
Joined: Feb 20, 2007
Location: St Louis, MO


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 193 guests