Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:42 pm
Did you test the ammonia and nitrates in your tank? They may be too high for the fish to survive. Since turtles make so much waste it takes longer too break down. We had soft water here and it was switched too hard water, I changed my fish over too the hard water throught monthy water changes and didn't loose any of them. The only time I lost fish is when the ammonia level sky rockets.
Since they are feeder fish no care is put into breeding them. So the short life could be attributed too that too.
I bought 7 the other day(for $5 for 75cents each O.o) and after a couple hours there is 1 left. He's been alone in the tank with my turtle and a convict fish fry for a few days.
My favorite things in the world:
1 res, 3 cats, 3 bunnies, 1 dog, 2 african clawed frogs, guppies, pleco, 30+ fancy mice, 2 hermit crabs and 4 small humans