Feeding and Nutrition :: My turtle won't eat shrimps

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:47 pm   My turtle won't eat shrimps

I went to the pet shop and told him turtle food and he told me that theese kinda of "small shrimps" are his food we had trutle pets at skul and they did like them so i bought a packet of them but know he won't eat one i am giving him meat at the time being but to much meat is not good because of the fats and i was going to try again the shrimps but no use do you think he's not taking them because he's small (2 yrs) and needs other types of food? or because he simply doesn't like them?

i was going to buy pellets but i was afraid he'd do the same thing and won't eat them
► • [[:mrgreen: I ♥ Ver:D]] • ◄

♣ • [[I am owner of a 2 year old male turtle called Ver]] • ♣
User avatar
yiziee
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Jul 8, 2008
Location: Malta

Post Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:26 pm   

First, I have found pet store people know little about turtles, or at least the ones I have delt with. You should feed them a varied diet. He should be getting pellets about every other day and mainly veggies, mainly lettuce, every other day or every day with the lettuce. He may not take to lettuce right away if he is used to meat and shrimp as his main food source, but you need to start right away with the veggies. See the nutrition section here for a good guide to proper feeding.
packfan1
 
Posts: 178
Joined: May 6, 2008

Post Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:29 pm   

thankyou
► • [[:mrgreen: I ♥ Ver:D]] • ◄

♣ • [[I am owner of a 2 year old male turtle called Ver]] • ♣
User avatar
yiziee
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Jul 8, 2008
Location: Malta


Return to Feeding and Nutrition

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 136 guests