Feeding and Nutrition :: Food to boost immune system

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:07 pm   Food to boost immune system

Fishkeepers sometimes feed garlic to help fish fend off disease; is there a similar food for turtles?

I looked into garlic and apparently it is toxic to turtles instead of being beneficial.
Bev

135 gallons of water, 65 gallons of basking area
User avatar
Squishy
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
Location: Orillia, Ontario

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:47 pm   

I don't know about foods to boost a turtle's immune systems. I suppose a healthy, balanced diet and clean habitat would help keep his/her immune system strong. When a turtle gets sick, raising the temperature a few degrees can stimulate his/her immune system to help them fight off infection.
SpotsMama
User avatar
SpotsMama
Retired Mod
 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Jun 7, 2006
Location: Mesquite Texas


Return to Feeding and Nutrition

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 140 guests