Equipment Review and Discussion :: Energy Efficient Pond Filter and Pump?

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:33 pm   Energy Efficient Pond Filter and Pump?

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site, as you can see by my post count.

I'm going to finally be moving into a larger place, and will consequentially be able to afford a much better indoor pond set up for my three turtles. I wanted to get a larger preformed pond liner, and I will need a filter and pump that have been rated for this new size of pond (or 3 times that amount for three 8 inch sliders). I currently have a Beckett submersible pond filter rated for 325gph, for my 80-100 gallon pond.

I have done some research into this, but haven't been able to find any large, external pond filters which are also energy star/energy efficient. The pond will be indoors, so I'm pretty sure a solar powered pump/filter will be out of the question. I was wondering if you all had any ideas for what site I should look on, or what brand of filter would work best. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
jacith090

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:29 am   Re: Energy Efficient Pond Filter and Pump?

If it's going indoors, you should get a canister filter. The XP3 uses about 20 Watts, the FX5 about 50 Watts. What are the plans for the pond liner?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:13 am   Re: Energy Efficient Pond Filter and Pump?

Great, thank you! I know that the pond I will get will be significantly larger than what I have now, at least 250 gallons. I'll probably go as high as 500 gallons, depending on whether or not the new place I am living in has the room.
jacith090

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:23 am   Re: Energy Efficient Pond Filter and Pump?

The easiest way to do an indoor pond would be with a stock tank, then build or decorate around it. Will you be renovating your new place?
steve
Site Admin

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion