Equipment Review and Discussion :: Anyone else using exo terra uvb 200?

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:52 am   Anyone else using exo terra uvb 200?

Wow, I bought these bulbs at a price of twice what I paid for exo terra uvb 100. Anyone else has any feedbacks for these bulbs? Also, I noticed some powder-like stuff on the surface of the bulb. is that normal?
Check out my indoor turtle pond update on YouTube! http://youtu.be/kZBNB-MFH2c :)
TurtlesOwner97

Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:58 am   Re: Anyone else using exo terra uvb 200?

I don't use that brand, but there should be no powder. This maybe warrants a return. Also, these are kind of new, so there is little info on them. Sadly, there are no current sources of independent testing anymore.

Don't forget that the bulb should probably be further away and still needs a burn-in period.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:36 am   Re: Anyone else using exo terra uvb 200?

steve wrote:I don't use that brand, but there should be no powder. This maybe warrants a return. Also, these are kind of new, so there is little info on them. Sadly, there are no current sources of independent testing anymore.

Don't forget that the bulb should probably be further away and still needs a burn-in period.

What brand do you use? I'm probably keeping it at around 8 inches.. since my basking area is large enough hence I thought I needed a stronger uvb bulb to project evenly towards the furthest spot. Heck, I'm switching to 10.0 next time. There are really too little info about it. What do you think?

That's the powder which kinda stick in between the gap of the base or whatever it is called as.. should I be worried or not? I tried the bulbs, they are working perfectly fine though lol
Attachments
image.jpg
Check out my indoor turtle pond update on YouTube! http://youtu.be/kZBNB-MFH2c :)
TurtlesOwner97

Post Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:04 pm   Re: Anyone else using exo terra uvb 200?

If that powder is similar to the coating inside the glass, then I would have them replace it.

I have Zilla tubes, but those will be replaced by Reptisuns. I take the turtles outside several times during the summer, so I'm not too worried about UVB.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:57 pm   Re: Anyone else using exo terra uvb 200?

steve wrote:If that powder is similar to the coating inside the glass, then I would have them replace it.

I have Zilla tubes, but those will be replaced by Reptisuns. I take the turtles outside several times during the summer, so I'm not too worried about UVB.

I'm not too sure whether they are similar though. Lesson learnt, I should stick to uvb 10.0 instead. There are so many good reviews about it. And the outrageous price for this bulb makes me think that I could have gotten a MVB for the price I paid LOL.

Cool! Great idea, I should bring my turtles out for some natural sunshine too!

Thanks for your help Steve, appreciated!

Edit: Will the bulbs deteriorate over time if left unused?
TurtlesOwner97

Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:20 am   Re: Anyone else using exo terra uvb 200?

The bulbs should not deteriorate over time.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion