Equipment Review and Discussion :: jebo canister

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:18 pm   jebo canister

Hi all!! Just thought i'd let everyone know that the jebo/odyssey canister filter that i had sooo many questions about when i initially purchased it,( as to how best to set it up, due to the fact that i'd never used a canister before) has been up and running for about 6 weeks - 2 months,( cant remember for sure) with absolutely no problems, it is doing a great job! i am confident i could go for a few weeks without cleaning, but i dont, i clean water once a week, just because i'm pretty picky about how the tank looks and all. For those of you that dont know or remember, i purchased this canister on ebay for $60.00 brand new(included S & H), has 4 media trays,(with bio rings, media also) and everything you need to hook it up including spray bar. I have it running on a 75 g tank that is 1/2 - 2/3 filled with water, i did end up putting a 20 g tetra i on the opposite end of spray bar, more to keep the water moving in all directions than for actual filtration,( was cheaper than buying air pump and stone) i personally dont think you can go wrong with buying one of these for that amount, the manufacturer also manufactures the eheim canister line, i have used the exact filter media replacement made for eheim in my jebo, so far only the carbon, but it worked/fit just great. for anyone who would like to have a canister without the price being so much, especially if youre just getting everything at once for your setup, you should really consider buying one of these. I hope this will be of some help to someone, i know i have gotten a lot of help for how best to take care of my turtle here, so i would like to return the favor and help someone else :D
resowner33

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:31 pm   

I just installed mine yesterday and bought it on ebay for just about the same price. I will have to let it sit in there a bit longer before I can add anything that resowner33 didn't already mentioned. What I can add is, this canister is amazingly quiet. One other thing is, it is extremely easy to prime and get going.
Justamonk

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:29 pm   

i definately agree with you on the canister being very quiet, so quiet that sometimes i forget to check it, it's behind the door of my stand, but i had a hard time priming mine with the button on top, only after i filled the canister, then started pushing prime button, the button kinda felt like it was sticking or something, but if i fill it first and then push prime button, it starts almost immediately! just curious justamonk, what size setup are you using yours on? size of your turtle and all, my turtle is still kinda small, maybe 2" ,jebo seems to be handling it very well so far
resowner33

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:39 pm   

Resowner33--what a coincidence. I was think of asking you for an update on the Jebo in another post. Glad to hear it's working well. I've heard positive things about them in other forums as well.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:34 pm   

Resowner33> My setup is significantly smaller then yours at 30g long. My Itty is a bit more than 1 and 1/2", while Squirtle is still less then an 1 and 1/2". Yeh at first the button did feel a bit hard to press down, but once it was down, we had lift off pretty simple.
Justamonk

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion