Photo Gallery :: Moxie's new house!

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:11 pm   Moxie's new house!

After about a month of hunting craigslist and all the local classifieds, I finally found a 30 gallon tank for Moxie! Her 20 gallon will go to Shenanigans.

Here is Shenanigans. (Don't worry, I didn't blind him with bright lights, the actual photo is very dim so I photoshopped it to make him visible!)

Image

Some pics of the new tank. After shelling out the money for the tank itself, I couldn't justify spending more money on a tank background, so I used wrapping paper leftover from valentine's day. I thought it was cute enough for now!

Image
Image

Tonight she was afraid of my camera, she kept hovering around it and fluttering at it

Image

So I distracted her with food!

Image
Image

I like this one because you can only see her face in the reflection

Image

Image

Annoyed at being set on the basking dock for a picture
Image

And just being cute!
Image
Napoleon - Western Painted Turtle
Apollo - Eastern Box Turtle
Moxie - Painted Turtle Mutt
RIP Hercules

Katie

I heart my herpies!
User avatar
Starchick
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Jan 3, 2007
Location: central NY

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:17 pm   

I love the valentine's day paper. What is Shenanigans? Looks like some kind of frog. I have a 30 gal, but it is long. I didn't know they came high like that. It looks great. I love the idea with the v.d. paper.
Terry
User avatar
Terryo
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Feb 19, 2007
Location: New York

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:29 pm   

Shenanigans is a White's 'dumpy' tree frog. Guess I should have specified that, he does look pretty weird in that pic!
Napoleon - Western Painted Turtle
Apollo - Eastern Box Turtle
Moxie - Painted Turtle Mutt
RIP Hercules

Katie

I heart my herpies!
User avatar
Starchick
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Jan 3, 2007
Location: central NY

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:09 pm   

Cool frog! What kind of turtle is Moxie? She is very pretty! :D
3 turtles,
3 cats,
& fish.
User avatar
emma
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Minnesota

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:00 am   

Moxie looks very happy in her new palace.
2 RES-Sparky M 6.0 and Spike F 9.0
1 Beardie- F Nubbin
1 Pictus Gecko- F Necko
6 Fire Bellied Toads-3 M 3 F
User avatar
scripta_elegans
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1938
Joined: Jul 30, 2006
Location: Iowa

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:15 am   

I Image Moxie's new home!
SpotsMama
User avatar
SpotsMama
Retired Mod
 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Jun 7, 2006
Location: Mesquite Texas

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:06 am   

She is a gorgeous gal. I have only ever seen Nyx flutter one time and it is sooo funny!
1 Pekin Duck- Bumby
1 Adult Midland Painted Turtle- Nyx
2 Hatchling Midland Painted Turtles- Gimli, Marvolo
1 Normal Gray Cockatiel- Egore
User avatar
Bumby's Mom
 
Posts: 751
Joined: Jul 20, 2007

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:11 am   

emmanelson96 wrote:Cool frog! What kind of turtle is Moxie? She is very pretty! :D

What?are you GETTING another turtle :lol: it's a eastern painted turtle.
1 Red eared slider turtle**Opus
1 Painted turt Picasso
2 cats**Maggie* new cat Andrew soon to be a 1 year old

RIP Hopper the cat 2002 May~2011 August 18th
Opus
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Jun 19, 2007

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:38 am   

Actually we're not sure exactly what kind of painted. Her belly and face look like an eastern, but her carapace is like a western, and she has a faint vertebral stripe like a southern!
Napoleon - Western Painted Turtle
Apollo - Eastern Box Turtle
Moxie - Painted Turtle Mutt
RIP Hercules

Katie

I heart my herpies!
User avatar
Starchick
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Jan 3, 2007
Location: central NY

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:34 am   

May be she is a central painted? errrr... bad humor... just BAD
User avatar
eugenetimpog
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Aug 26, 2007

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:34 am   

What a beautiful little painted!!! :)
Kristin's Pond! Starring:

RES = "Sheba", 21+ yrs. old
African Clawed Frog = "Prog", 10 yrs old
& "Kristin" as Momma
User avatar
industrial_girl_2000
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3232
Joined: May 11, 2006
Location: Farmington Hills, MI

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:25 am   

Grate set-up!!!! And Moxie is sooo cute!!!! :lol: :D :D
Really Awesome Text Loading...
███████████
▒▒▒▒ 78%

RES's
Tank, SCL 3.75in.
Diesel, SCL 3in.
User avatar
N4784N R4613
 
Posts: 1340
Joined: Jul 18, 2006
Location: Phila. PA.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:12 pm   

She's a really painted regardless of what type she has. My baby western also has a faint stripe down his carapace too. Looking at the photo gallery on ATP, I realized that several of the westerns and midlands had faint stripes.
RES, Nicaraguan slider, Chinese Golden Thread, Northern DBT, Eastern Painted, Gibba turtle, Leopard tortoise, 3 Central American Woods, 2 Home's Hingeback tortoises, False Map, Northern Map, 2 Pink bellies, Reeves
User avatar
lotsofpets
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Sep 5, 2006
Location: Lexington, KY

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:15 am   

love the back ground, i was just thinking about doing the same thing.
RES-Ivan
User avatar
Blue Flamingo
 
Posts: 879
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Denver, Colorado

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:42 am   

I went to AC Moore and was literally just wandering around waiting for inspiration to strike, the other thing I found that I was considering was using those 12 x 12 sheets of scrapbook paper, because they had one that was hot pink leopard print! Wrapping paper was still cheaper though. I've always been kind of disappointed at the lack of variety in tank backgrounds, so now I'm excited to keep my eyes peeled for funky patterns in wrapping paper!
Napoleon - Western Painted Turtle
Apollo - Eastern Box Turtle
Moxie - Painted Turtle Mutt
RIP Hercules

Katie

I heart my herpies!
User avatar
Starchick
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Jan 3, 2007
Location: central NY

Next

Return to Photo Gallery

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 122 guests