Habitat - Indoor :: I Finally Have all of the Pieces in Place...

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:04 pm   I Finally Have all of the Pieces in Place...

...at least I hope so! Actually, now that I think about it, I still need to get a heater guard. But the rest is put together and working properly. Fred seems to be a happy turtle camper, and I have been enjoying passing on tales of his antics to my husband and boys. His favorite passtime by far, is to climb up his ramp, then slide down in a great big swoosh! His next favorite thing is to swim through his bubbles and his third favorite thing is to search for a means of escape! Thankfully, I have those taken care of. The basking area isn't as beautiful as some here, but with the materials at hand and only a two hour shopping window before prayer call shuts everything down, I think it turned out okay. Most importantly, Fred likes it.
Image

Image[/img]
Last edited by evlock on Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
evlock
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Feb 11, 2008
Location: Saudi Arabia

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:18 pm   

wow... looks good. I just built an above tank basking area for my guy. He has yet to use it. I try putting him up there, he'll stay for about 30 seconds then turtle dive.

Good Job!
Dave in NJ
*1 Male RES Hurley 4 yrs old * 3 cats Joe,Jak and Pip * 3 crested geckos Izabella, Lil Lady & Striker (plus 6 baby cresties) * 1 Wife Kristel *
User avatar
donchewliano
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Feb 25, 2008
Location: Blackwood, NJ

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:19 am   

Looks great. You did a really nice job on the basking area with limited time and supplies. Your background is really pretty too.
Tracie
1 2yr male RES Buddy
1 fat female cat Missy
1 fluffy male cat Joey
1 husband Kyle
http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg160/RESnTX/
RESnTX
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Feb 3, 2008
Location: Houston, Tx

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:20 am   

donchewliano wrote:wow... looks good. I just built an above tank basking area for my guy. He has yet to use it. I try putting him up there, he'll stay for about 30 seconds then turtle dive.

Good Job!


Thanks! It took Fred the whole day to decide to go up there...I was starting to get a little concerned, but decided he'd figure it out eventually. He was chasing after a piece of strawberry, which is his favorite food in the world, chased it right on to the ramp...then decided to go on up and check it out. He still tries to climb the side with the plant picture on it. He can't seem to figure out that it isn't 3-dimensional.
User avatar
evlock
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Feb 11, 2008
Location: Saudi Arabia

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:25 am   

RESnTX wrote:Looks great. You did a really nice job on the basking area with limited time and supplies. Your background is really pretty too.


Thanks, Tracie! I am sure I will fine tune it as time go by. I can't wait for my husband and boys to see it. The boys come home on March 9th. I'm not sure when hubby will be home.
User avatar
evlock
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Feb 11, 2008
Location: Saudi Arabia


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 93 guests