Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:59 pm
I've been thinking about getting them, but, I don't like the depth of the smaller ones. Nine inches on a medium tub means that, for a four inch turtle, the water level can only be five of six inches high, and a four incher enjoys way deeper water than that. I'd have to use the tub for my turtles while they are still young, which I don't want to do because they'll out grow it quick.
For clamp lamps they are awesome, though. And I love the land and water barrier, that they can still climb up. Totally eliminates the issue of making a turtle ramp. It's something they can slide down, too, which I think younger turtles would enjoy.
Phryne - Japanese bobtail, 11 y.o.
Hurricane - RES, approx. 19 y.o., 7.00in. long
Typhoon - RES hybrid, approx. 19 y.o., 8 in. long
Sadie - RES, approx. 30+ y.o., 11.5in. long
Sophie - Colombian red tail boa, 15 y.o., 5 ft. long