

papoopeepoo wrote:I would avoid it. At first it may seem like the small turtle wouldn't be able to do deadly damage to the fish, but he/she easily can.
For the welfare of a pet that was entrusted to you, I would keep them apart. This is a case of "if it's not broken, don't fix it"
If you're focused on more filtration power for your turtle tank, simply upgrade to a nice canister filter.



Penelope75 wrote:I just bought a canister filter today for $137 and it's going in a 100 gallon tank. There are cheaper ones out there especially for a 30 gallon. As far as the fish goes the turtle will most likely eat it and you need to be careful of pet store fish as they carry a lot of disease which can be no good for your turtle. Snails can help keep the tank clean and they are actually a healthy snack for your turtle. The nutrients in their shells are good for the turtles.


Penelope75 wrote:OK...They should be all set then...Have you considered snails?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 100 guests