Flippy prefers the fish food to the actual fish, which is okay with me. I bought seven minnows for her tank, but then I felt horribly guilty about just putting them in there to die. So, I went to Walmart and bought a little fishy castle and some fake plants, since the real ones are still pretty little. Then I bought five goldfish of varying sizes, a fantail, and a koi, knowing that she's too small to eat the koi. It's almost the same size as her, and each time she starts to close in, he whacks her with his fins. I was hoping that with more of them in there, they would school and have a slightly bigger chance of survival. Also, I knew if there were more of them, I wouldn't really notice if she ate one. However, I keep obsessively counting them to see if she's eaten any - I'm actually calling it Flippygate 2013, because I'm a nerd. This morning, after three days with them, it would appear she finally caught one and ate it. There's one less goldfish than there was, although I don't remember what it looked like - the distinctively marked ones, I've named. There is no trace whatsoever of it in her tank, so I'm fine with that. I'd rather it vanish entirely than see little fins floating. I find myself cheering on the fish when she chases them, though. I think I'm much too much of a bleeding heart for her sometimes - I want her to be wonderfully happy, but the vigor with which she kills things is sort of heart-wrenching. That's my ramble.
