Photo Gallery :: Baby Turtle Ever

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:32 pm   Baby Turtle Ever

Hope this works. Here's Baby Turtle Ever's home as it stands today:

Image

Here's Turtle him/her/itself:

Image

And here's the reason why I need a lid for Turtle's tank:

Image

I know the tank's not up to par...I'm working on it. :)
check out my awesome blog (mysteriouscaves.blogspot.com)

and Join Marapets | Virtual Pets | Games
BabyTurtleEver
 
Posts: 47
Joined: May 26, 2007
Location: Carlsbad,NM

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:39 pm   

Gravel is a big no no when it comes to turtles. The reason for that is because if your turtle eats it and is unable to pass it, it can cost you hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of xrays and vet visits and possible death..:( So many turtles have died because of gravel, i highly suggest to take ALL the gravel out ASAP.

Your turtle's cute :)
1.1.0Trachemys scripta elegans
0.0.1Sternotherus odoratus
1.1.0Platemys platycephala
0.1.0Pelomedusa subrufa subrufa
0.0.1.Graptemys pseudogeographica
User avatar
xsavingsaturdayx
 
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sep 22, 2006
Location: Miami Beach, FL

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:42 pm   

Man, I don't know ANYTHING about turtles! Thanks for the tip.
check out my awesome blog (mysteriouscaves.blogspot.com)

and Join Marapets | Virtual Pets | Games
BabyTurtleEver
 
Posts: 47
Joined: May 26, 2007
Location: Carlsbad,NM

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:44 pm   

Dont say that, we all were in your position at one point. You will learn soon enough, trust me..:)
1.1.0Trachemys scripta elegans
0.0.1Sternotherus odoratus
1.1.0Platemys platycephala
0.1.0Pelomedusa subrufa subrufa
0.0.1.Graptemys pseudogeographica
User avatar
xsavingsaturdayx
 
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sep 22, 2006
Location: Miami Beach, FL

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:23 pm   

yeah u better get that lid soon :lol:
click here if you want all of your turtle questions answered

RES, Squirt 4in
RES, Splash, 4 1/2 in
User avatar
Turtle_Turtle
 
Posts: 347
Joined: May 21, 2007
Location: California, USA

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:28 pm   

Kitty thinks a nice turtle snack would be good about now! Yes - you do need a lid!

I trained my two very curious kitties not to mess with the turtle tank by squirting them with a water bottle every time they went near it. Didn't take long.

Your turtle is adorable. Looks healthy too.

And yes, about that gravel, very very dangerous. There have been a lot of sad threads on here from people whose turtles ate gravel.
SpotsMama
User avatar
SpotsMama
Retired Mod
 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Jun 7, 2006
Location: Mesquite Texas

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:08 pm   

So I just spent about an hour de-gravel-ifying the tank. Phew. Hard work, but totally worth it. I feel better now. I'll be posting more pics as the tank gets more and more turtle friendly. :)
check out my awesome blog (mysteriouscaves.blogspot.com)

and Join Marapets | Virtual Pets | Games
BabyTurtleEver
 
Posts: 47
Joined: May 26, 2007
Location: Carlsbad,NM

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:18 pm   

Thats awesome! Without gravel the tank will be easier to clean too! :)
1.1.0Trachemys scripta elegans
0.0.1Sternotherus odoratus
1.1.0Platemys platycephala
0.1.0Pelomedusa subrufa subrufa
0.0.1.Graptemys pseudogeographica
User avatar
xsavingsaturdayx
 
Posts: 2149
Joined: Sep 22, 2006
Location: Miami Beach, FL

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:44 pm   

I love the picture of your kitty leaning into the tank. The relationship between cats and turtles is so funny. When the turtles are babies the cat is a threat to them. When the turtles are full grown they may be more of a threat to the cat!
2 RES-Sparky M 6.0 and Spike F 9.0
1 Beardie- F Nubbin
1 Pictus Gecko- F Necko
6 Fire Bellied Toads-3 M 3 F
User avatar
scripta_elegans
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1938
Joined: Jul 30, 2006
Location: Iowa

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:13 pm   

haha I'd love to see Norman with a full grown RES. I actually do have a screen for the top, but I hate using it because I feel like it filters the light too much. So I use it only when I'm not there to watch the cat. :D
check out my awesome blog (mysteriouscaves.blogspot.com)

and Join Marapets | Virtual Pets | Games
BabyTurtleEver
 
Posts: 47
Joined: May 26, 2007
Location: Carlsbad,NM

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:18 pm   

that white turtle thing, you're only supposed to put the whole thing in for 20 gallons, otherwise it might be to strong? I dunno, i break mine in half. But i could be wrong. lol. did you read the back of the package? also, the turtle might try to eat it! mine did. I'm not sure if that would be harmful, but i kinda covered mine a bit so they wouldn't. You're turtle is sooooooooo cute!
RES - Maddie - 2 inches - 1 oz
RES - Nemo - 1 and a half inches - 1/2 oz
User avatar
rayzherup
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Apr 28, 2007

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:03 pm   

thanks. I did read it, but I took it to mean that it was for up to twenty gallons. Guess i could be wrong. Wouldn't hurt to break it in half, though, I guess.
check out my awesome blog (mysteriouscaves.blogspot.com)

and Join Marapets | Virtual Pets | Games
BabyTurtleEver
 
Posts: 47
Joined: May 26, 2007
Location: Carlsbad,NM

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:21 am   

I don't see a lamp? You'll need a heat lamp AND a uvb lamp.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
User avatar
jenaero
Moderator
 
Posts: 3606
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:48 am   

oh, there's a lamp. I had to move it out of the way to get a good picture of the rest of the tank. Don't have a uvb lamp yet (but I take Baby outside to get some sun, when it's warm enough). I'm planning on getting a uvb real soon.
check out my awesome blog (mysteriouscaves.blogspot.com)

and Join Marapets | Virtual Pets | Games
BabyTurtleEver
 
Posts: 47
Joined: May 26, 2007
Location: Carlsbad,NM

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:42 am   

LOL, "Turd", love it!!

Sounds like you're on the right track!! What do you have the water temperature at?

And back to your original question....I love the island, looks really neat. What is it made of and how heavy is it? It probably wouldn't be that hard to find a nice big rock for it to sit on.
Tom & Ashley
(RES) Crush, Squirt
(3T Box) Manny & Isabella
(Dog) Ember
User avatar
RunninWideOpen
 
Posts: 807
Joined: Feb 20, 2007
Location: St Louis, MO

Next

Return to Photo Gallery

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 136 guests