Habitat - Indoor :: turtles wont use turtle dock

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:32 am   turtles wont use turtle dock

I recently put a ZooMed turtle dock into my 2 turtles tank. They are babies and orignally had a small log porcelain fixture to hide under and crawl on top of to bask. Well a week ago Sunday I put this new dock in the tank and I have yet to see either of them use it religiously, I have actually have only seen one of them get onto the top and he basked for about 2 minutes and got off. They both use the end that is in the water to just hang out on. Is there anything else I should do differently?

Thanks everyone.
dancrchica3
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sep 29, 2008

Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:59 am   

just give them some time to get used to it
Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall. Torque is how far you move a wall

1.0.0 Red Ear Slider-Cujo
0.2.0 part Boston Terrier part Pugs-Hershey and Lilly
Daniel3507
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Aug 18, 2007
Location: Oklahoma

Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:14 am   

okay, sounds good. i just didn't want the change to hurt them or whatever.
dancrchica3
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sep 29, 2008

Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:06 pm   

Turtles, especially young ones, are very sensitive to changes in their tanks. The take a while to get used to them. Plus, younger turtles tend not to bask when people are around.
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
User avatar
untsmurf
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
Location: Carrollton, TX
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:20 pm   

Okay, they were starting to worry me and I am a new turtle owner so I wanted to get some advice. Thanks so much.
dancrchica3
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sep 29, 2008


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 76 guests